These resources are just a starting point. Consider being creative and thinking of other resources that might be helpful as well!
National Organizations New!
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- National Resources Defense Council
- World Wildlife Fund
- US. Energy Information Administration
- U.S. Green Building Council
- U.S. Water Alliance
New Jersey Organizations New!
- Environment New Jersey
- Sustainable Jersey Schools
- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- NJ Sports & Exposition Authority
- Alliance for a Living Ocean
- Atlantic Audubon Society
- Bergen County Audubon Society
- Camden Greenways
- Conserve Wildlife Foundation of New Jersey
- More organizations here
News Articles – New Jersey New!
- NJ Environmental News
- Energy & Environment News for New Jersey
- North Jersey – Environment
- Invisible ‘Bird Killer’ – New York Times
- News Releases –Environment New Jersey
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection –News Releases
- Political Battle Lines Drawn on Changes
- New Jersey Hopefuls for Governor Differ on Environment
- Environmental Groups Appeal New Jersey Pipeline Approval
- NJ Environmental Law’s Top 10 of 2017
World News articles New!
- Giant Antarctic Iceberg
- How Green is a Tesla, Really?
- Green Building and Sustainability
- Green Cleaning vs. Chemicals in Household Products
- Greening the City
- Ecological Underpinnings of Rural Poverty
- Does Hunting Help or Hurt the Environment?
- Water Crisis
- Environmental Issues News
- Science – Environment NBC News
Books/Magazines – Informational Text New!
- It’s Getting Hot in Here: The Past, Present, and Future of Climate Change by Bridget Heos
- Plants Vs. Meats: The Health, History, and Ethics of What We Eat by Meredith Sayles Hughes
- The Story of Seeds: From Mendels Garden to your Plate, and How There’s More of Less to Eat Around the World by Nancy F. Castaldo
- Eyes Wide Open: Going Behind the Environmental Headlines by Paul Fleischman
- Unstoppable: Harnessing Science to Change the World by Bill Nye
- Climate Changed: A Personal Journey Through the Science by Philippe Squarzoni
- Moonbird: A Year on the Wind With the Great Survivor B95 by Phillip M. Hoose
- World Without Fish: How Could We Let This Happen? by Mark Kurlansky
- We Are the Weather Makers: The History of Climate Change by Sally M. Walker
- The Green Teen: The Eco-friendly Teens Guide to Saving the Planet by Jenn Savedge
Books/Magazines –Fiction New!
- Fuzzy Mud by Louis Sachar
- Threatened by Eliot Schrefer
- The Story of Owen: Dragon Slayer of Trondheim by E. K. Johnston
- Skink No Surrender by Carl Hiaasen
- Endangered by Eliot Schrefer
- Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Wolves, Boys, & Other Things That Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler
- Empty by Suzanne Weyn
- The Carbon Diaries 2015 by Saci Lloyd
- The Law of Ueki by Tsubasa Fukuchi
- Boys, Bears, and A Serious Pair of Hiking Boots by Abby McDonald
- The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
Books/Magazines – Magazines New!
- Nature Conservatory
- National Wildlife
- Missouri Conversationalist
- Mother Earth News
- National Parks
- Natural History
Tours/Classroom Visits New!
- Liberty Science Center
- Monmouth County Park System
- Close Encounters with the Coast
- Science Behind-the-scenes Tours
- Duke Farms
T.V. Shows New!
- Sundance – Big Ideas for a Small Planet
- Eco Company
- Green TV
- Television for the Environment
- Ted Talks – Sustainability by Design
- Ted Talks – The End of Oil?
- Ted Talks – How Pollution is Changing the Oceans
- Ted Talks – Can Clouds Buy Us More Time to Solve Climate Change?
Local College Resources New!
- Camden County College
- Montclair State University
- New Jersey College Health and Environmental Safety Society
- Stockton University
Questions? Comments? Contact Kim@fillprograms.org or call 718-689-2972
©2018 Foundation for Impact on Literacy and Learning